I was thinking about my last year experiences and I was counting the trips I did around Europe(to see to do about all over the world 😀 ).
I did a lot actually, and this is firstly related to the fact that I’m happily taken and same as me, my boyfriend loves travelling. So, we didn’t think twice.
TBH, I enjoyed more travelling by car. Although far distances, you have the chance of sight-seeing and taking a lot of photographs. The trips we made in 2016 were the following:
- Tirana – Milan(Italy) Alitalia
- Milan – Genoa(Italy) by car
- Genoa – Central Italy until we arrived in Salerno, all road made by car. We loved the breath-taking views and scenery of the famous Tuscan and Florence.
- Salerno – Bari(Italy) from Bari we took the ferry GNV to Durres(Albania) because we wanted to rejoice the smell of sea and the fresh breeze of the night.
- Tirana – Macedonia(Macedonia) by car
- Macedonia – Sofje(Bulgaria) also by car. We had a lot of pictures and savoured the delicious traditional bulgarian dishes. We returned to Tirana within two days.
- Tirana – Tepelene(Albania) it’s a small city in South Albania, has beautiful landscape and is famous about its several frozen cold fountains.
- Tepelene – Ioannina(Greece) our ride wouldn’t be complete without tasting Greek traditional ‘souflaki’.
- Ioannina – Athens(Greece) a long riding trip but very impressive.
- Athens – Scala, Cephalonia(Greece) a trip mixed between car and ferry, this was our first day of vocations.
- Scala – Sami, Cephalonia(Greece) thank God we had our own Jaguar to drive all over the villages of Cephalonia, without missing any sight.
- Scala – Lixouri,Cephalonia(Greece) we went from an island to another to enjoy every single shape of the amazing Greek seaside.
- Lixouri – Zakynthos( Greece) we hired a speedboat and let ourselves flaunting over the waves, exploring the gorgeous sea caves and bathing in crystal turquoise waters of Zakynthos, an earthly paradise.
- Zakynthos – Argostolion,Cephalonia(Greece) after a month it was time to go back home, so, we picked up our clothes in Argostolion where we had our villa and climbed the ferry.
- Argostolion – Athens(Greece)
- Athens- Tirana(Albania) Aegean Airlines; I had to take the plane alone because my boyfriend had to flight to his own hometown.
- Tirana – Athens(Greece) Olympic Air
- Athens – Brussels(Belgium) Ryan Air
- Brussels – Amsterdam(Holland) by car.
- Amsterdam – Harleem(Holland) by car.
- Harleem – Tirana(Albania) Ryan Air
Well, 6 countries, 15 cities, 21 trips. Not bad as a starter. I’m eagerly waiting to know where is going to be our next trip 😀 My boy always loves to surprise me!
What was your favourite destination btw?